Baptist ChurchKasauli Baptist Church is a 1923 brick and wood building situated close to the Sadar Bazzar. According to The Indian Express it is "considered a unique example of colonial architecture of the British era". In 2008 the church was damaged by a fire which destroyed all internal furnishings.
Central Research InstituteThe Central Research Institute (CRI), originally the Pasteur Institute of India, was established at Kasauli in 1904 under its first director Sir David Semple, as an institute working in the fields of immunology and virological research. The CRI works as a World Health Organization ‘Collaborating Centre’, and as an immuno-biological laboratory producing vaccines for measles and polio, and the DTP group of vaccines. It also provides a Master of Science programme in Microbiology.
Christ ChurchChrist Church was previously an Anglican church, inaugurated on 24 July 1853. Since 1970 it has been under the auspices of the Church of North India (CNI) in the diocese of Amritsar. The church contains Spanish and Italian imported stained glass windows depicting Christ, Mary, Saint Barnabas and Saint Francis.
The Parsonage was built in 1850 for priests of the Anglican church.
Gurudwara Shri Guru Nanak JiThe Gurudwara (Sikh house of worship and hospitality) Shri Guru Nanak Ji is located in the Gharkhal bazaar near Kasauli. A further Sikh Gurudwara lies on the Kasauli-Mashobra (old Hindustan-Tibet) Road near the Air Force Radar Station.
Kasauli BreweryThe Kasauli Brewery and distillery, founded in the 1820s before the establishment of the Kasauli cantonment, is the oldest extant distillery for 'scotch whisky' in Asia. The Kasauli brewery is also known as Mohan Meakins.
Kasauli ClubThe Kasauli Club was established by civilians and service personnel in 1880, as the Kasauli Reading and Assembly Rooms. It gained its present name in 1898 when a limited liability company and constitution were established; its first director was Sir David Semple of Kasauli's Pasteur Institute. At the time the Club was for the exclusive use of the British Raj, and held social meetings, tea and dinner dances, and galas. In 1915 regimental officers at Dagshai, Solan and Subathu could be admitted as honorary members. At Independence in 1947, plans to sell the then loss-making Club failed.
The Club was originally constructed of wood and plaster, and was typical of hill architecture. In 2001, after a 2000 restoration, it was destroyed by fire, losing "elegant, old-world furniture, [and] precious and rare books". By 2005 it had been redesigned and rebuilt in stone, and plans were put forward for a new attached gymnasium.
It is currently located within Indian Army premises and managed by a regular Indian Army Officer as Club Secretary, aided by civilian staff.
In April 2012 the Kasauli Club hosted a two-day Rhythm and Blues Festival as a benefit concert for "seriously ill children".